Growing up with hearing loss, I was one of the very few people my age that had any sort of disability. Looking back, I realized that it wasn’t that I didn’t know people that had a disability, it was that no one really spoke about disabilities.
With diversity, equity and inclusion on the rise to becoming a fixture in many areas of life - from personal to work lives, the struggle can be wondering where to start and how to make diversity, equity and inclusion a necessity, and not an option.
I take my experience of struggles with self-advocacy and barriers in accessibility and turn them into a learning experience for others so that they can create proactive accessible practices wherever they go.
I do this by offering:
I can deliver a personalized and tailored keynote/presentation that highlights the importance of “thinking differently” with diversity, equity and inclusion in mind.
After the presentation, you will be able to understand the value of different abilities/perspectives and be held accountable to creating a more accessible world.
For more information on what a keynote/presentation from me could look like, see below:
- These keynotes/presentations can be aimed at individuals with disabilities or those who want to learn more about accessible and inclusive practices.
- These presentations will be tailored to the audience and event, and can range from how-tos to personal stories, with topics such as:
- Deconstructing an “ableist” mindset
- Disability etiquette and inclusive language
- Living with hearing loss as a young woman
- Reminders that we are all human regardless of “disability”
- The consequences of not being accessible
- Fostering an environment of belonging and inclusion
- Some of the key takeaways folks will get from my keynotes/presentations is:
- A better understanding of what life with a disability is like.
- The importance of believing in one self and what one can achieve despite what the world hands us.
- They will recognize the value that different abilities bring to the table and how we can use those values to shape the world.
Interested in booking me for a presentation/keynote? Click on the link below to contact me for a free 15 to 30 minute consultation. During this consultation, we can chat about the type of presentation you would like to see, presentation length, an estimate for a speaker quote etc.